There are a few steps you need to take to be able to access Google Classroom for online homework submissions (if applicable to your class). Here are the following steps:
a) Activating Your SD45 Account
In order to activate a sd45 Google account, a new sd45 password (8 character minimum) must be created.
What to do:
The best way: Will only work from inside the school network on a school district computer/pc laptop. These are available in the library.
- Login in with your username and password on a school district computer
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete on the keyboard at the same time
- Click Change a Password
- Enter your old (current) password once and the new password twice (see librarian if you don’t know your username and/or password)
- Logout then back in
Or if you want to try at home (seems to be a little glitchy):
- Go to https://mail45.sd45.bc.ca/owa/ (log on with edu\username, school password)
- Click options
- Click About or see all options
- Find email address and write down (first name, last name initial, last three digits of your PEN @edu.sd45.bc.ca)
- Click options
- Click change password (new password 8 character minimum)
- Click Save or continue
- Log out
- Go to Google
- Sign in with school email address and new password (make sure you are signed out of your personal Google account)
b) Download Required Apps
All of the following apps are FREE, but do require you to have access to the itunes store or google play with an existing account.
Android – Not necessary, scanner built into Google Drive app
c) Join Your Google Classroom
Follow the steps below to join your Google Classroom (can only be done once the account activation is complete!)
Follow these easy steps to include your class calendar to your iCal. If you wish to have your calendar on a different device, come see me and we might be able to figure it out!
Write down or copy the URL for the Google Calendar you want to add to your iPhone.
Foundations of Math 12: https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/mister.d.gibson%40gmail.com/public/basic.ics
Tap the “Settings” icon, then scroll down and select “Mail, Contacts, Calendars.”
Tap “Add Account” and select “Other.”
Select the “Add Subscribed Calendar” option, fill in the Google Calendar URL in the Server box and click “Next.” Change any settings you see fit before saving the calendar. You do not need a username or password.
Toggle your view of the subscribed calendar by opening the Calendar app and tapping “Calendars” in the upper left corner. Tap a calendar name to either display or remove calendar events.